Lightning fast read meant to make you think...
10 Mistakes People Make with Downsizing (plus 1 bonus):
1. Don't know how to cope with the feelings of loss it can bring.
2. Put off downsizing longer than they should.
3. Can't get rid of anything (or very little) because they're a pack rat.
4. Throw out / get rid of something by accident.
5. Overlook that you can give a lot of stuff to the kids.
6. Forget that a garage sale is very helpful in the downsizing process.
7. Are unwilling to admit they need to.
8. Overlook that you don't have to wait until you're older to do it.
9. Forget the simpler life downsizing will bring.
10. Overlook how less stuff means you can afford a smaller home
BONUS Forget the fixed income as a senior citizen requires a downsizing mindset.
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
Labels: downsizing, lightning fast read series, real estate
P.S. If you liked this post, you might enjoy our Newsletter. Receive new posts delivered right to your inbox. Sign up here