10 Mistakes People Make with Revenge (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Revenge (plus 1 bonus):
1. Plan for it ("I'll get you!").
2. Don't realize how the desire for revenge damages the person who wants it (and those around him/her).
3. Think there is a way of personally balancing wrongs by wronging back (who judges/determines when balance is attained/where balance is?).
4. Overlook how wanting revenge is allowing the wrong-doer (and the wrong done) further control over their lives.
5. Have left so many people hurt in their wake, they are the target of it.
6. Overlook the rage revenge incubates and how it blinds a person from reality (you literally can't see straight).
7. Refuse to remember that revenge breeds revenge.
8. Exact revenge without realizing there may be more to the story that might stop them in their tracks (to read Rush, Rush, Rush, click here).
9. Forget that "Life" oftentimes has a way of leveling things out in the long run (I think it's called payback).
10. Fail to recognize beforehand that emptiness (dissatisfaction) inside will still be there even after revenge is meted out (revenge cannot satisfy).
BONUS Overlook that forgiveness is the antidote for (will deliver you from desiring) revenge.
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: