10 Mistakes People Make with Customers (plus 1 bonus)
10 Mistakes People Make with Customers (plus 1 bonus):
1. Think customers think like them (don't consider how they may think differently).
2. Treat customers like dirt (are rude) and still expect them to make a purchase / continue buying.
3. Forget to go the extra mile.
4. Don't respond to customers' complaints.
5. Overlook that they can't please everyone all the time, but they can please most people most of the time (keep a cheery disposition; don't sweat the small stuff).
6. Forget that without customers, there is no business.
7. Don't follow up after the sale (nurture customers for repeat business).
8. Neglect marketing to them (social media is a great way to allow potential customers to warm up to you).
9. Forget that the customer is "always right" (even though they are sometimes wrong).
10. (For customers) Don't give the business owner the benefit of the doubt (you have bad days, too).
BONUS Overlook that customers are their businesses greatest billboards (billboard: "a flat surface or board, usually outdoors, on which large advertisements or notices are posted." ~dictionary.com).
by Mike C (aka blog boy)
You might also be interested in: